What's Trending in China | July 29th
East Goes Global | What’s Trending in China
Wednesday, July 29th, 2020
Welcome to our Weekly Rundown!
🇨🇳 What's Trending in China, Weekly 🚀
by Ying Wu - Chengdu, China
1) Recently Yamy, the 28-year-old Chinese singer and member of the girl group, Rocket Girls 101, released a recording to social media of her former manager belittling her. This has now received national attention on workplace harassment, with more than 230k comments, 59k posts, and 590m views.
2) Tesla will start hiring in Shanghai as they ramp-up production of the Model Y.
3) China has just reopened cinemas and box office earnings reached $15.6 million USD in its first week.
4) Unfortunately, China’s new COVID-19 cluster in Dalian has been linked to cases in 9 other cities.
5) China's leading smartphone company, Huawei, has just opened up its largest global flagship store in Shanghai. Huawei's first flagship opened within the past year as they continue to further brick and mortar growth.
6) Shenzhen has been identified as the next major growth market in business. Largely due to the high-speed train between Hong Kong & Shenzhen.
7) JD.COM has finally completed its acquisition of Chinese electronics retailer 5STAR (former Chinese partner of Best Buy and the 3rd largest electronics retailer in China).
8) Over 2500 games have been removed from Apple’s China app store as they're cracking down on unlicensed games.
Have a great rest of your week!
East Goes Global