August 5th | What's Trending in China
Updated: Aug 13
East Goes Global | What’s Trending in China
Wednesday, August 5th, 2020
Welcome to our Weekly Rundown!
🇨🇳 What's Trending in China, Weekly 🚀
by Ling Tang - Forbidden City, Beijing, China
1) Bilibili, the closest Chinese equivalent to YouTube w/ 170 million users, has changed its iconic splash page, which makes the majority of long-time users unhappy.
2) Luckin Coffee appoints new Director of the Board after its infamous financial fraud.
3) Chinese bottled water giant, Nongfu Spring, has planned for its $1 billion IPO in Hong Kong for this upcoming September.
4) China has finally completed its Beidou-3 global satellite navigation system with the launch of the last satellite.
5) Third Covid-19 wave leads Hong Kong real estate projects to be postponed.
6) Last week we reported how Tesla is ramping up its Shanghai operations due to Model Y development. This week it was reported that China now makes up to 23.3% of Tesla’s total
revenues this quarter.
7) Huawei overtook Samsung in global smartphone shipments for Q2.
Have a great rest of your week!
East Goes Global