September 4th | What's Trending in China
East Goes Global | What’s Trending in China
Friday, September 4th, 2020
Welcome to our Weekly Rundown!
🇨🇳 What's Trending in China, Weekly 🚀
by Ning Shi - Shanghai, China
1) Kevin Mayer has resigned as the the COO of ByteDance, appointing Venessa Pappas as interim head.
2) TikTok is suing the U.S. government over the ban of Tiktok, claiming it was put in place without due process.
3) Bilibili’s revenues increase by 70% in Q2, due to successful marketing campaigns and a diverse content pool.
4) Netflix will be adapting 'The Three Body Problem', a popular Chinese sci-fi trilogy.
5) Movie theaters have started reopening, including a re-screening of Harry Potter and the
Sorcerer’s Stone, and Will Smith's Bad Boys For Life.
6) Banks in China are experience the worst profit decline in the last decade as a result of COVID-19.
Have a great rest of your week 🚀
East Goes Global