March 8th | What's Trending in China
East Goes Global | What’s Trending in China - Monday, March 8th, 2021
🇨🇳 What's Trending in China, Weekly 🚀
Happy International Women's Day! Here's another week of 'What's Trending in China'...
1) In the wake of Clubhouse’s ban in China, Xiaomi’s instant messaging app, MiTalk, is coming back as an invite only audio chat platform for professionals.
2) China’s male beauty trend "Little Fresh Meat" may come to an end with new legislation.
3) After three years, China’s boycott on South Korea's entertainment industry is over with a new deal between China Central Television (CCTV) and the South Korean broadcaster KBS.
4) Renren Yingshi, a popular illegal video streaming site in China for foreign film and TV, has been shut down for piracy.
5) The online gaming community 'Female Players' Union', founded in April 2020, is working to create a safe environment for female gamers in China to express themselves and interact with one another.
Have a great rest of your week 🚀
East Goes Global