January 4th | What's Trending in China
East Goes Global | What’s Trending in China - Monday, January 4th, 2021
🇨🇳 What's Trending in China, Weekly 🚀
We're back in action and hope you all had a wonderful holiday break! Let's dive into things headfirst with this week's 'What's Trending in China'...
1) Huawei is narrowing their focus on cloud computing as US sanctions continue in hopes of coming out on top of the cloud computing sector.
2) China’s three major telecom carriers will be removed from the NYSE. Including China Mobile Ltd., Telecom Corp. and China Unicom Hong Kong Ltd.
3) The EU is looking to reach a trade deal with China to help level the playing fields between new energy vehicles, health, telecoms, and more.
4) China has offered Ant Group, Jack Ma's fintech company, a plan that would allow them to move forward.
5) Tmall, JD.com, and Vipshop were fined for misrepresenting prices in November and December. The fine was around $75k USD.
6) Meituan, backed by Tencent, is under an anti-monopoly investigation for not allowing payments from Alibaba’s Alipay.
Have a great rest of your week 🚀
East Goes Global