January 11th | What's Trending in China
East Goes Global | What’s Trending in China - Monday, January 11th, 2021
🇨🇳 What's Trending in China, Weekly 🚀
Happy Monday, Tuesday, Happy whatever day it is wherever you are in the world! Here's another week of 'What's Trending in China'...
1) Xiami, Alibaba Group’s music streaming platform, is slotted to officially shut down in February.
2) After two reversals, the NYSE is officially delisting three of China’s largest telecommunications stocks.
3) Transactions across 8 of China’s software applications will be banned as a result of an executive order, including Alipay and WeChat Pay.
4) The pet economy is becoming increasingly popular in China with a rise of influencers with pets, and could be a lucrative trend this year.
5) After a great year of growth, video platform Bilibili is making moves to launch their own online patent system.
6) China was crowned the top movie market of 2020, making an impressive recovery by the end of December.
7) Functions of ByteDance’s cloud office software Feishu, are banned on Tencent’s WeChat, disrupting user’s workflow and increasing tensions between the two internet giants.
Have a great rest of your week 🚀
East Goes Global