February 8th | What's Trending in China
East Goes Global | What’s Trending in China - Monday, February 8th, 2021
🇨🇳 What's Trending in China, Weekly 🚀
Happy Monday/Tuesday! Here's another week of 'What's Trending in China'... Oh... Happy ALMOST Chinese New Year! 新年快乐
1) China’s top three streaming services are teaming up for the first online cinema project in hopes of encouraging people to stay home during the Chinese New Year.
2) Wu-Tang Clan is under fire in China because of a new band t-shirt design.
3) Douyin (China’s TikTok) is suing Tencent for not allowing Douyin videos to be shared on their two most popular messaging platforms, WeChat and QQ.
4) In a male dominated genre, here are the female Chinese rappers who helped shape Chinese hip-hop.
5) TikTok is joining the e-commerce market by allowing influencers on the app to make a commission on product links they share.
Have a great rest of your week 🚀
East Goes Global