February 22nd | What's Trending in China
East Goes Global | What’s Trending in China - Monday, February 22nd, 2021 🇨🇳 What's Trending in China, Weekly 🚀
Happy Monday/Tuesday! Here's another week of 'What's Trending in China'...
1) Douyin could become China’s “video encyclopedia” with over 550 million active monthly users turning to Douyin's search function.
2) One of the few non-Chinese music services in China, Bandcamp, has been banned this week, limiting Chinese artists’ connections to international fans.
3) Pop Mart's blind boxes are taking China by storm, from Bilibili influencer livestreams to trading groups on WeChat.
4) China’s box office sales hit a new holiday record this year, grossing $1.2 billion over the Chinese New Year holiday.
5) PPLive, a Chinese digital broadcaster, suspended the broadcasts of Serie A football and the FA Cup as major sports media platforms deal with disagreements and content repositioning.
Have a great rest of your week 🚀
East Goes Global