February 1st | What's Trending in China
East Goes Global | What’s Trending in China - Monday, February 1st, 2021
🇨🇳 What's Trending in China, Weekly 🚀
Happy February! Here's another week of 'What's Trending in China'...
1) ByteDance doubled its revenue in 2020, despite TikTok being banned in India.
2) Kuaishou, a video sharing app, is continuing their focus on quality content with a short film series featuring films by internationally recognized directors including Jia Zhangke.
3) Tencent Music has acquired additional equity in Universal Music, strengthening their collaboration with Universal.
4) Tencent Music held their second annual music awards ceremony using customized live streaming surround sound systems they plan to use for future concerts.
5) President Xi Jinping is calling for stronger intellectual property protections as he pushes for China to become a “big inventor” of intellectual property.
Have a great rest of your week 🚀
East Goes Global