February 16th | What's Trending in China
East Goes Global | What’s Trending in China - Tuesday, February 16th, 2021 🇨🇳 What's Trending in China, Weekly 🚀
Photo: Jing Daily Happy Tuesday/Wednesday! Here's another week of 'What's Trending in China'...
1) The US based app Clubhouse has been banned in China for censorship, but substitutes are already being developed.
2) Tencent Interactive Entertainment Group and Universal Resort have signed a long-term partnership that will likely bring elements of esports to the Universal Beijing resort set to debut in May.
3) Bilibili is facing backlash for a user-uploaded Japanese anime with controversial themes that has since been suspended.
4) Tencent Music Entertainment is continuing their goal of expanding the underdeveloped long-form audio industry with the acquisition of the audio platform Lazy Audio.
5) In an effort to codify the unspoken rules of China’s music industry, China Association of Performing Arts has issued a list of things artists should do and avoid.
--- Have a great rest of your week 🚀 East Goes Global