August 26th | What's Trending in China
East Goes Global | What’s Trending in China
Wednesday, August 26th, 2020
Welcome to our Weekly Rundown!
🇨🇳 What's Trending in China, Weekly 🚀
by Markus Winkler - Beijing, China
1) Bilibili has acquired the publishing rights to a mobile version of Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout, which will include four sets of custom gaming skins. The release will only be happening in China.
2) Video platforms in China are regulating eating shows and videos in an effort to encourage responsible consumption.
3) China’s Ministry of Commerce is continuing to roll out testing of their digital currency program, but effects on WeChat Pay and Alipay are still unknown.
4) Hundreds of uninhabited islands are available to rent in Liaoning province, starting at 3,700 yuan per hectare a year.
5) Louis Vuitton's flagship store in Shanghai brought in record-breaking sales in the month of August, in part due to their involvement in the Qixi Festival (Chinese Valentine's Day) and its fashion show.
Have a great rest of your week 🚀
East Goes Global