August 19th | What's Trending in China
East Goes Global | What’s Trending in China
Wednesday, August 19th, 2020
Welcome to our Weekly Rundown!
🇨🇳 What's Trending in China, Weekly 🚀
by Hennie Stander - Beijing, China
1) China's largest search engine organization, Baidu, has finally launched their self-driving taxi service.
2) Shenzhen announced that it would obtain citywide 5G coverage.
3) The world’s oldest captive Panda has celebrated its 38th birthday!
4) Guangdong Southern Tigers have won the 2020 Chinese basketball association (CBA) championship title.
5) Louis Vuitton heralds the return of the physical fashion show in China.
6) Luxury brands are competing for Chinese Valentines Day special collections.
7) Shanghai pride, China's longest-running and only major annual celebration for LGBTQ+, announced how it would unfortunately shut down its upcoming and future events.
8) Wuhan appears to have moved on from the virus, as thousands of people joined a recent
party in a water park.
Have a great rest of your week 🚀
East Goes Global