August 13th | What's Trending in China
East Goes Global | What’s Trending in China
Thursday, August 13th, 2020
Welcome to our Weekly Rundown!
🇨🇳 What's Trending in China, Weekly 🚀
by Joseph Chan - Shenzhen, China
1) Our friends over @ Tencent & Universal Music Group have extended their licensing agreement AND launched a joint label! Andrew Spalter, founder of East Goes Global, lended a quote for this TechCrunch piece saying, “This partnership further legitimizes China as the fastest-growing music market in the world. The overall resistance in tapping into and collaborating within China’s music ecosystem is no longer an option for those who want to succeed on a truly global scale.”
2) The US government’s ban on WeChat may cause iPhone annual shipments to drop by 25%-30%.
3) Virtual fitness becomes the new landscape in the fitness industry due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
4) Pinduoduo, the largest interactive e-commerce platform in the world, joined forces with Singapore’s A*STAR on pesticide testing.
5) Twitter is looking at the possibility of partnering with TikTok.
6) Tencent, the world’s largest publisher of games, announced a proposal to consolidate
Douyu and Huya, the competing live-streaming video games sites.
Have a great rest of your week!
East Goes Global